CHICAGO, Ill.—The Fontbonne University men's basketball team won the Moody Bible Tournament on Saturday after coming away with the 82-61 win over Lincoln Christian.
Final: Fontbonne 82, Lincoln Christian 61
Location: Chicago, Ill.
Records: Fontbonne 2-3, Lincoln Christian 2-8
How It Happened
After trailing early in the first half, the Griffins went on a 10-0 run to take the 18-11 advantage on Elijah Rice's layup at the 8:29 mark. Later, the Lions trimmed it down to 28-24 at the 2:39 mark, though the Griffins finished out the half on a 8-0 run to lead by 12 at the break.
Fontbonne shot 48.5 percent in the first half and outrebounded LCU, 19-11. Caden Clark led the offense with 11 points.
In the second half, the offense continued rolling along with Anthony Jones' layup at the 14:40 mark gave Fontbonne a commanding 52-34 lead. The team maintained its double-digit lead the rest of the way en route to the 21-point win.
Inside The Numbers
- The Griffins shot 46.2 percent from the floor, outrebounded the Lions 42-32, and handed out a season-high 21 assists.
- The team also controlled the paint with a 44-20 advantage and outscored LCU's bench, 21-12.
- Lincoln Christian ended with a 32.1 field goal percentage.
Lincoln Christian Leaders
- Nate Parks was the lone player on the team to reach double-figures after netting a game-high 23 points on 8-of-13 shooting.
- Jared Woodcock broke out with a season-high 21 points on 6-of-7 shooting.
- Caden Clark added 13 points, six rebounds, and four assists.
- Anthony Jones came off the bench to end with 11 points, while Gus Kleekamp recorded his first double-double on the year with 10 points and 10 rebounds.
The team will now enjoy the holiday break and return to action on December 4th when they'll visit MacMurray for its first conference outing. Tip-off at 7:30 p.m.
Fans make sure to stay updated on fontbonnegriffins.com throughout the year for full updates on the men's basketball team.
Make sure to follow us on all our social media accounts: Twitter (@FBUGriffins), Instagram (@fbugriffins) and Facebook (/FontbonneUGriffins).