ST. LOUIS, Mo.—The Fontbonne University men's basketball team continues its four-game home stretch on Tuesday when they'll square off against No. 10-ranked WashU. Tip-off at 8 p.m.
No. 10 WashU (7-1) vs. Fontbonne (3-4)
When: December 10th, 2019
Time: 8 p.m.
Live Video: HERE
Live Stats: HERE
A Look At The Griffins
- The team is coming off a tough 108-105 (OT) loss against Blackburn in its home opener on Saturday.
- The Griffins shot 45.6 percent from the floor, while hitting season-highs in 3-pointers made (10) and free throws made (23).
- Elijah Rice led Fontbonne with a team-high 21 points, while Anthony Jones earned a career-high 19 points off the bench. Jalen Wadlington (15), Caden Clark (10), and Jared Woodcock (10) each reached double-figures.
- On the season, they're scoring 81.1 points per game and hitting 45.5 percent of hits shots.
- Woodcock and Jones are tied with a team-high 11.6 point per game average. Jones also owns a team-high 61.5 field goal percentage.
- Clark averages 10.6 points per game, while Wadlington puts up 10.3 points per game and is second on the team with a 52.8 field goal percentage.
A Look At The No. 10 WashU Bears
- The Bears are on a five-game win streak, including picking up wins over No. 17 Augustana (73-70) and Rhodes (80-55) in the month of December.
- Against the Lynx, the Bears shot 46.5 percent from the field, hit 12 3-pointers, and dominated the glass with a 53-26 advantage. Jack Nolan led all scorers with a game-high 18 points.
- Through eight games, the Bears are averaging 77.5 points on a 45.7 field goal percentage.
- Defensively, they're holding teams to 69.4 points and outrebounding its opponents, 40.0-28.5.
- Individually, Jack Nolan leads the offense with an 18.5 point per game average. He's shooting 48.5 percent from the floor, 46.3 percent from downtown, and 82.6 percent from the charity-stripe.
- Justin Hardy is right behind him averaging 18.3 points and leads them on the glass at 7.8 rebounds per game.
- Hank Hunter and Matt Nester are both averaging 10.5 and 10.4 points per game, respectively.
Fans make sure to stay updated on fontbonnegriffins.com throughout the year for full updates on the men's basketball team.
Make sure to follow us on all our social media accounts: Twitter (@FBUGriffins), Instagram (@fbugriffins) and Facebook (/FontbonneUGriffins).